- Patented reflector lens system technology
- Easy twist focus, 12:1 flood to spot ratio
- Aircraft-grade aluminum casing
- Push button operation
- Dual heat-sink DHSTM cooling system
- 3 step power control: high/low/safety strobe
- Unbreakable super-bright LED
- Water resistant
- 1m drop resistance
- lifetime guarantee
- Light output (Lumens): 200
- Run time (hour): 3.5
- Beam distance (Meter): 200
- Battery type: 3xAAA (included)
What REALLY make the shifter series unique and different?
- It is the first AAA diameter sized focus control LED light (that uses a high power LED and integrates something more than a moon lens)
- Spotlight has paid close attention to the circuit design to prevent any unnecessary loses to heat and electrical inefficiencies
- The Shifter Series design has the LED mounted on an aluminum cooling tower while the aluminum reflector provides additional cooling properties that yields a light that is 15-25% brighter and last 10-15% longer than other TIR lights on the market.
The 2 piece Reflector Lens System (RLS) provides the following: A) The RLS lens (front part of the system) has a rather flat and relatively simple geometry when compared to traditionally used Total Internal Reflection (TIR) systems, which are molded from a single piece of (PMMA) plastic. This simplfied geometry reduces the molding constraints and complications that arise from material shrinking and size/geometry. Note that this geometry makes for a more robust part for the occasional drops and bumps that occur when using a light – especially in a work environment. Also, this RLS technology can be transferred to much larger diameters that can not be made using a TIR design since it will have too many shrink marks and voids that negatively impact the light transmittance and quality. B) The second part of the Spotlight RLS system is the aluminum reflector. As a TIR will absorb 20% to 30% of the LED’s output, the use of an aluminum reflector provides greater efficiency in directing the LED’s output (less light loss through air than PMMA plastic) and provides a second functional heat sink. This second heat sink and the additional air-flow around the LED allows Spotlight to increase the drive current to the LED, further increasing the light output and overall effectiveness of the light.